Factorybuilt by California Custom Coach as a 4 seater with lift off soft top. Has Ford 429 V8 with auto trans , powersteering and brakes. Pretty car with only some minor paintflaws that runs and drives very nice. We sold this beauty a few years ago to one of our customers and he only drove it for 2000 miles. He also upgraded the car quite nicely with a more period looking banjo steeringwheel , new whitewall tires , and best of all , a genuine Auburn dash etc , so please don't get confused with the old pictures that show the old wheel and dash..
Here's his description of the upgrade :
The interior has been refurbished with:
- parts bought from Curt Schulze (re-chromed original Auburn instrument panels with re-created instrument panel inserts).
- New Vintage instruments made with dials etc. as copies of the original Auburn instruments.
- Under dash (hidden) radio with new round main speakers (less ugly and visible as the ones in the picture)
- New more period correct steering wheel
- All light switches replaced with art deco style switches.
Further Trippe lights and new turning lights and ooga horn.
Original Auburn “851” sign bought from Felix de Geyter at the Auburn Cord Factory in Oklahoma.
New chromed wire rims and new more authentic looking(narrow) whitewall tires (radial).
The car has had an extensive brake job where “everything” was changed; all new brake hoses, brake cylinder, pump etc.
New electric thermostatic engine fan installed.
The car has been garaged here in Houston all the time I have had it. Less than 2,000 miles since purchase.
Now you can own this beautiful Auburn for $48,000.
Car is currently located in Houston , TX .
Can ship to your doorstep anywhere at a reasonable price , no problem !